Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dumb Revisited

Over at my buddy Mikes house the other day, we sat around smoking a stog and reminiscing about stupid things we've done over the years. Well, it's confession day and here are some you may not have known about. By the way, no one else needs to confess my stupidity, lol, mums the word unless I talk about it first!

1. We were racing home from work back in the mid 80's, he in his plymouth, and me in the pop's 72' cadillac. Going over 100 mph on highway 99 towards Atwater. after I passed him at about 110, my right front tire blew. SECONDS of terror ensued. LOL. Mike rounded the bend and went through a large cloud of smoke and thought I had crashed. Luckily I had just coasted to the side of the road where he stopped and gave me a ride home. Yea, we tied in the race.

2. We used to get into the drive-in in merced near where the old Farmer's insurance building was when we were working at the theaters back in the 80's (same time frame as #1). We'd get our friends in. All they had to do was pay the fee of a six pack of beer each to the cashier. After a night of drinking at their, we'd grab a bottle of tequila and bottle of orange juice and make our way to the coast to watch the sun rise in Santa Cruz or Carmel or Monterey.

3. In 8th grade or some time close to that, I clearly remember peeing on an electric fence somewhere in Winton. Yea, it left a mark.

4. I remember one night when I was very young, I was in my pj's sitting on the couch watching a mesmerizing television show. When my pop told me to go to bed, I turned to him and stuck my tongue out at him. He jumped the coffee table, grabbed me by the arm and flung me over the coffee table into a heap onto the ground. Of course, I went bed. Whimpering. Never stuck my tongue out at him or my mom again.

5. The old separating finger trick was shown to me by some older kid at St Mary's School in North Carolina back between kindergarten and 2nd grade. I was totally amazed! lol, I should show that kid the rubber band trick!


Anyways, there are others, that I may share at a later date, that were way more stupid and some even kind of funny. I have some appliances to move here shortly.
Reminisce today! Remember how dumb you used to be. It's a HOOT! lol

*****

Quote for the day:

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." -- Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

1 comment:

Joyce said...

LOL Awwww...ya, we've all done dumb things. LOL I like yours better though. hahahaha Thanks for the laugh D!! :-) Much love.