Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A little Project

Well, the deck back by the pool in the backyard has had some delapidation to it for quite a while. I tried to get pop to help me with it, but he never had the gumption, so we didn't get to it.
He actually was talking about tearing it all up and taking the pool out.
Well, I've always wanted to put a deck in the front of the house where we had some dirt and a few plants. The other day, I yanked a plant out and cleaned it up and made a nice little area to sit and smoke my cigars and watch the neighborhood go by.
Here's what it looked like! (yes, I made the chairs about 12 years ago and they're still working)

I got a wild hair and decided to take the good wood from the top of the deck out back since the wood underneath supporting it was all rotted and I positioned it in the little area and VOILA!
A deck where I've been wanting to put one for sooooo long! YAY!




It looks good for only taking about 45 minutes to do with the materials on hand.
Today I stained it and the chairs. It looks awesome!
I took a pic but it was too dark. I'll take one in the morning when the suns on it to show ya'll.
Anyways, I like it. It got some of my pent up energy out and I've improved the look of the front of the house.
YAY me!


*****

Quote for the day:

"Cheerfulness, it would appear, is a matter which depends fully as much on the state of things within, as on the state of things without and around us. " -- Charlotte Bronte

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pent up energy.. ummm I have a large play yard over here that you can take some of that out on, lol!

Deck Looks AWESOME!

J

Shannon said...

That looks awesome, good job!!

Jenny said...

45 minutes? Yay you indeed! It looks like a great spot for unwinding. Nice :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Son, You're a master! Awesome job.
Still lovin' ya!
Mom

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks ya'll! :D

Anonymous said...

Awesome job dude.

- Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Looks good!
Sam

Bella said...

Wow great job!!!