Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day 2009

This day seems to mean a bit more to me this year than any previous year. Although I've shared this day with others when I was on my own, this will be the first year without either of my parents, meaning I'm truly independent.
They will both be in my thoughts this day (and always).
It's been so hard going through this house day after day seeing everything that was my life. I think my sister got a taste of it when she visited yesterday. I'm sure she'll cry when she goes through the box of things I put together for her. I did when I was putting it together. I will again.
I'll be surrounded by my friends today, and for that I'm happy.
I miss you mom and pop. This day is dedicated to you.




If anyone wants to stop by the house today, please, feel free.
Happy Independence Day everyone!
Go with God.


*****

Quote of the day:

"Hey come watch this with me. You gotta see this. I recorded it for you on the Tivo." -- G. R. Brown

"Those are called Shrumps, not shrimp." -- J. R. Brown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of my G.R. Brown favorites:

Pop- "I recorded Star Wars on Tivo for that boy of yours. All of them, if you think he will like them? If not, I'll delete em. But I bet he will like them."

Joni- "Yeah-Yesssss!!!"
Pop- "What did she say?!"
D- "What you think she said..Yeah-Yes!"
Joni-"Huh? What I say?"
D-Yeah-yes! Mo'ma used to say that.
Joni- "Oh, seems I say a lot of things she used to".
D-"Yeah-yes!
Pop- (20 min later Pop says to Joni.) "You remind me a lot of Sue."
Joni- Thank you, I feel very special.
Pop- "Well I think so."

Thank you Mr. Brown. I'll be sure to give a my 2 hours notice before coming over today in your honor.
I praise God that you and your beautiful wife are enjoying your Independence from this world. I can't wait to join you someday.

God is good...All the time.

J

beav said...

Nice tribute Darren

Peace