Sunday, August 9, 2009

On the Road to Tranquility

It might be the adventurer in me. Whenever I'm out driving around in a new place, I seem to wake up early. I'm restless. I want to go explore the area to see what's out there. To see who's out there. It's quite simple really. I like to look and to watch. I've called myself a morphologist. A studier of shapes and forms. I'm a student of human nature, which is why I love reading Shakespeare so much. If I had an Indian name, I think I'd like "One who watches".
HA! That would be "OWW" as an acronym.
There are times when I yearn for company and times when I can't stand the thought of being alone. Other times, I cherish my solitude. It's always a time to reflect and silently think about what I can make of my life. What I've made of my life. Who I am. Who I'd like to be. Peace, it seems, is just out of reach, like the proverbial carrot leading the horse. I'm not one to take defeat lightly and I'll keep striving for that carrot dangling in front of me that I call peace. Peace within me. Peace with others in my life. Peace with who I've become.
Sometimes I feel a glimpse of it, like sitting in a Safeway parking lot, in the doorway of my Pop's RV, smoking a fine cigar and enjoying a Venti Mocha from the Starbucks behind me at 7:00 in the morning.
I hope my folks are proud of me. There's so many things I wish I could tell them. I'll try to earn the life they've bestowed upon me, in my journey to find tranquility.



The view from my hotel near Safeway... lol


You think You've got a sunburn? My nephew Chris got a little burnt on his feet. Aloe Vera Chris!




*****
Quotes for the day:

"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. " -- Blaise Pascal

"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." -- John Barrymore

1 comment:

wearsacapesuperheroguy!!!!!!! said...

I seriously think in some strange way.. We share the same spirit at times.. Enjoy your trip Bro! We all love ya in the Greater Seattle area.. Peace.. Find it.. Hold on to it.. Enjoy it..