Monday, August 3, 2009

Poetry on Monday

Through Peripheral Vision



A sextuplet of years or more,
I've lived in a kind of limbo.
Waiting for the inevitable to happen,
Watching as life crept by,
As lives came to their end.
Reverting back to the teenager I once was,
Has not been a pretty sight.
Differences apparent,
Knowing what they were,
Not changing them.
Friends kept in contact,
I don't know why,
I'm glad they did.
Change has come,
Gladly,
I reckon I wasn't really ready for it.
I'm paying a sort of pennance,
Am I?
All I know is,
With God's blessing,
I need to get moving,
So Life doesn't pass me by.
I have to stop watching it,
Through peripheral vision.



*****

Quote for the day:

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. " -- Agnes Repplier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is what you make of it :-)