Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lunch Anyone?

Wondering what I was going to have for lunch, I shopped the frig and found some carrots and a bit of onion.
Hmmm....
What can I whip up with that?

Here's what I came up with:


D’s Cream of FN Carrot Soup



4 large carrots – chopped coarsely
¼ cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced gahlic
1 tbsp buttah
1/3 cup cream or vitamin D milk
1 tsp D’s Spice of Life
1 Chicken bullion cube
Chopped flat parsley (for garnish, cut as much as you want)
water
salt
pepper
Stick Blender, boat motor, or other submersible blade that spins around and fits in a sauce pan.


In a medium sized saucepan, melt the buttah over medium heat, stir in gahlic, heat for 30 seconds. Dump in the carrots and onion. Pour in enough water (took me about 2 cups) to just be barely below covering the carrots. Add bullion cube and the spice of life.
Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil, then lower heat back to low, cover and cook until the carrots are very tender, probably about 15 minutes.
Take off the heat. Grab your boat motor and puree the carrots until very smooth. Add the cream. Mix that with your boat motor since you still have it out. Return to medium heat for another 2 minutes or so and don’t let it out of your sight. Stir it a lot so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Taste it and add any salt and pepper as needed.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
MMM MMM Goooood!
My son just called me and he introduced a game to his coach that I made up involving a frisbee that Leyen and I used to play.
They're actually presenting it to the athletic commission for the school to use it in their curriculum! WAY cool!
*****
Quote for the day:
"To err is human--and to blame it on a computer is even more so. " -- Robert Orben

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey, that is neat about the frisbee game! I bought carrots today but forgot an onion and boullion. Hmm. Let me see....

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I made a version of a carrot soup on my other blog D, if you want to check it out. Do you like tarragon? I threw chicken and diced mushrooms in it... MMMMMM.

1 FN HandyMan said...

HEY AW! Sorry I left a comment or so I thought.. lol... effin computer!
You made carrot soup with chicken?? wouldn't that be chicken soup? LOL
I thought it was kinda cool about the frisbee game too. my friends and I made it up when I was like 16 as something to pass the time.

Jenny said...

Nope. Carrot and Chicken chowder with Tarragon. Because I said so! :P

Anonymous said...

Oh thats awesome about the frisbee game! I dont know about carrot soup hmmmmm!

beav said...

Carrots and turtles are sexcellent too.

1 FN HandyMan said...

LOL Beav! Try the soup Chelle!
OK OK AW, you can make it whateva ya wanna ;)