Friday, February 27, 2009

Picnic Table Anyone?

The newest project under the belt, a Family sized picnic table! (complete with booster seat for the little kiddies)
Amazing what you can do with the right tools. Too bad I didn't have them! But, I persevered and adapted and overcame like the FN HandyMan that I am! WOOP!
Here tis!



I still need to sand it, but J and I completed it and rounded all the corners off!
YAY US!
It only took about 6.5 hours to this point. (That whole thing about not having the right tool slowed me down a tad.)
It was totally a fun project though, and NOTHING human is going to break THAT table!
BBQ anyone?

*****

Quote for the day:

"Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist." ----- Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in 1942

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! What kind of lumber did you use? (In other words, wood. lol.) aw

1 FN HandyMan said...

Tanx AW! It was all Pine or Douglas Fir. (Whatever they had at Lowes that wasn't redwood) and, OMG! I had NO idea Lumber meant wood! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow Awesome job!

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks Chelle! :D It was a fun one!