Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dreams, Acuity, and Focus

I had a dream.
No, I'm not Martin Luther King resurrected.
I had a dream last night. A good dream!
No need to bore you with the details.
What I did realize from it though, was that my mental acuity has returned. My focus is sharpening. My wit is still as dull as a butter knife going through frozen margarine! Hey, no one's perfect.
Really though, for a long time now, it's been fuzzy goings. Since I quit the theater business in 2003, my focus just really hasn't been there. I had no idea what I wanted to do, who I wanted to do it with, or when I was going to do anything. I think I was going through a kind of puberty again. (No my voice didn't change, although I can still sing like Marilyn Monroe.)
God wanted me to experience things from a different perspective I think, and I sure have. Either he wanted me to realize my potential or wanted me to realize how I was wasting my potential. My self confidence and esteem seem to have started growing in me again.
It's...
about...
effin...
TIME!
I'm alive again. Let's keep it that way. (talking to my other personalities and those living inside me through my experiences) Alive and Kickin, indeed! (scroll down the music list)
The next time I see you, make sure I share some energy with you. Do the double hand-hand shake, send it across the room, or make sure eye contact happens. Energy is here, and it shall be shared!

OK.
I officially have 3 books in my head at the moment. I need to get them out as it's getting cluttered in there. All three are from very vivid dreams I had and remember most of. Interesting process there. I lllllllike it!
Now, I just need to find the time and the mood to rewrite and edit my existing novel, "Death by Mistress". It's just such a difficult thing for me to get in the mood to write as it's such a dark genre and I'm 1 FN happy Handy Man. Perhaps, I'll just let it go for a while and continue with my positivity, and start putting into writing those words that are so eagerly awaiting their exit from my ever so be-cluttered imaginary system. There's one that I'm really excited to start writing on, one that HAS to come out that has been stuck in my head for about 8 years now, and another that is still being written. The exciting one is going to be first, and the first chapter is forming in my head as I type. It's not that I can multi-task mind you. I'm a man after all. But, I CAN think of things one at a time, and my mind continually comes back to it when it's not thinking of or focused on something else. I WILL be a published author. Nothing will stop that.
If I seem to be day dreaming at times, now you know why. Just let it pass, and know that something wonderful is going to come from it.

*****

Quotes for the day:

"Life ought to be a struggle of desire toward adventures whose nobility will fertilize the soul." -- Rebecca West

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius. " -- Comte de Buffon

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

"With a stop light, green means 'go' and yellow means 'slow down'. With a banana, however, it is quite the opposite. Yellow means 'go', green means 'whoa, slow down', and red means 'where the heck did you get that banana?' " -- Mitch Hedberg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great dream and eye opener. I cant wait to read the book/novel! Cause I know you can do it :)

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks Bella!! :D I'll try not to disappoint myself and you too!