Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow

I've been having an interesting few days since last Thursday.
I went to the underground shooting range here in town with a couple of my good friends. We had a blast (pun intended)!
Well, while I was reloading and walking back to where I was blasting away, my ear plug popped out of my ear and I didn't notice it, and a gun went off very near to me. Scared the livin be-jesus outta me! My right ear hasn't been working very well since.
Now, I'm not blaming anyone except myself, so don't get that idea. It was no ones fault.
So anyhoot, I've been having a difficult time with the last 5 days because my hearing in that ear has been VERY distracting. Cause it's not working very well. It's getting better every day, but for a while there it concerned me. I think God wanted me to appreciate what I had and was trying to teach me a lesson about empathizing with folks.
Every noise has been amplified in that ear, but it sounds like a cracking speaker inside a tin can.
It's taken 90% of my concentration just to hear things right and by the end of the day, I'm just so mentally exhausted I just haven't been up to snuff. Even when there was silence, my ear was still making me hear static. It definitely has affected my studying. I enjoy silence when I'm trying to read and concentrate, and with my ear sounding like an AM radio that's going in and out of tune, it's been difficult for me to adjust. The thing is, I haven't been able to adjust. I think it would've been easier if my ear had stopped working all together rather than this FN static and whine crap. The most interesting was trying to hear in a class full of talking people in my conflict management course on Saturday morning. I had to cover my ear and everyone thought I was autistic or something cause I had my finger in my ear most of the class. Did you get a mental picture of that? Cause I just did and laughed at myself. HA!
So, it's been an interesting week and if you're wondering why I haven't posted much, that's why. It's been tough to concentrate. (Hilarious to me because of my mental acuity post the day before...LOL)
MENTAL yes. Acute, not since Thursday.
I LOVE it when life throws me a curveball!
OH NO! I just thought, "How's it going to sound when I go to see the ocean?"
I'll just have to put a big shell up to my ear and pretend I guess.

HAPPY Saint Patrick's Day Ya'll!! I'm not wearing green today just to see how many times I can get pinched. Then, when I tell them that my eyes are green, I can pinch them back and say, I'm ALWAYS wearing green! ;)


The music isn't really music today, but it cracked me up so much I had to use it!

*****

Quotes for the day:

"How hard it is, sometimes, to trust the evidence of one's senses! How reluctantly the mind consents to reality. " -- Norman Douglas


"You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others, or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are. " -- Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content webcomic, #352, 05-04-05

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eyes don't count knee-grow!PINCH! PINCH! PINCH!

Twin

1 FN HandyMan said...

LOL J...Why don't eyes count? Who effin made THAT rule?