Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ready for some FN Culture? (and split pea soup too)

This song has been playing in my head for a couple of days now, and I finally figured out what the heck it was!
So I'm sharing.
Get over it!
Enjoy the classical original version of Edvard Griegs "In the Hall of the Mountain King"!
Turn it up. You might even like it.

Here's lunch today too:

D’s FN Split Pea Soup


1 lb of split peas, picked over for stones and washed (You pick the color)
1 onion chopped however you like it
3 celery stalks chopped however you like it
3 carrots. Yes, chop them however you like it
1 tbsp of minced gahlic
3 tbsp of D’s spice of life
6 rashers of bacon, chopped
2 tbsp chicken better’n bullion paste
8 cups of water (filter it if’n ya wanna)

1) In a large soup pot, cook the bacon until it’s crispy.
2) Toss in the onion, carrots, and celery and sautee it for a couple of minutes.
3) Add the gahlic and sautee for about 30 sexonds.
4) Add the water, bullion paste, My spice of life, and the peas.
5) Heat to boiling over medium heat, lower heat and cover with lid cocked simmering for 45 minutes.
6) Duh. Eat it!


*****

Quote for the day:

"Suddenly, a mist fell from my eyes, and I knew the way I had to take." --- Edvard Grieg

8 comments:

beav said...

love da GAHLIC !!

Jenny said...

Your player doesn't start until I scroll all the way down to the bottom.. and that's a long way! Am I the only one?

I have never had split pea soup.

1 FN HandyMan said...

I dunno AW, starts fine for me...
OMG you've never had split pea soup!! You need to try it if you like legumes. If ya don't, don't bother trying it cause it's very ummm... legumey. lol

Anonymous said...

YOUR FOUND IT!!! With all of the goings-on I completely forgot about it. HAHA!
J

1 FN HandyMan said...

I'd be immodest if I said, "DAMN! I'm FN GOOD!", so I won't say that. :D

Anonymous said...

Split Beav soup is My Fav !!!!!!1

1 FN HandyMan said...

LoL...I've never had just half of a beaver... ;)

beav said...

It goes great with a side of turtle.