Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't Judge a Cover by It's Book

Have you ever known someone that is just a peaceful person?
That’s what I strive to be.
I mean, c’mon! I’m a Lover not a fighter!
But, that doesn’t mean that if I’m pressed, I won’t fight back.
A simple example of this is when I was living with my girlfriend at the time.
She always had thought that because I’m not a violent man that I couldn’t take care of myself in a scrap. One time, she wanted to wrestle (playfully). So, we were rolling on the bed for at least a half hour, wrestling. She got SO mad at me because she couldn’t pin me!
She tried and tried and tried, but she couldn’t do it. She had it in her head that I was peaceful and that there was no way that she couldn’t possibly not win.
She got a lesson in balance, pins, holds, and slips that night. LOL, GOD I was having fun!
She finally got so mad, she broke a nail on me and that ended it.
The respect she gave me afterwards though, was quite interesting. She looked at me in a different light I guess. Not in a bad way, in a good way, and I noticed.
I suppose my point of this diatribe is that one shouldn’t always judge someone just because of beliefs and philosophies. Just because someone uses their mind instead of their physical attributes, doesn’t make that person any less of a person.
I was a nerd in high school and was treated like one. Hell, I still AM a nerd! Just ask anyone that knows me…
I’m a lover, not a fighter. But, when pressed, I WILL fight back. With a ferocity! If I’m going to fight, I’m going to fight to win.
In the meantime, I’ll continue my search for inner and outer peace, and try to be a bright spot in my friends lives.
Love.
Laugh.
Live.

The three L’s of an FN Handyman!

Peace!


*********

Quote for the day:

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. " -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have waited till you went to sleep!

J

1 FN HandyMan said...

lol Ya Ninja!

Anonymous said...

Yes i agree with J get ya when you are sleeping! lol Yes you have always been the lover but that makes you D! Thanks for being a bright spot :)

1 FN HandyMan said...

My Pleasure Chelle! :D

What's with all you women jumpin me when I'm sleepin? LOL

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful person Darren. I wish everyone saw this in you. MWAH.
Fee.

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thank you Fee! That means a lot to me!
Ditto! :)