Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Who I am to Become

Who I Am To Become

11-19-08




Finding myself
To be someone I’ve become,
A disappointing revelation,
That shook my soul,
Thanks to the one
Who helped me realize.
I’m sorry,
She’s no longer in my life.
I’ll regret that for a long time.
Yet, It’s time to be again,
The person I used to be.
The happy man,
The working man,
The sane man,
The responsible man,
The parental man,
The friend,
The giver,
The caring man,
The man I used to be.
Let the man,
Show him self,
That it’s possible.
I think I’m going to like the man,
Who I am to become.
******
Quote for the day:
"Go to your bosom; Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know." -- William Shakespeare, 'Measure for Measure'
Joke for the day:
Q: Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?
A: Because the sound of zippers scare the sheep away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, you're already a good man. You try your best everyday and that's and that's what a real man is. Just because society dictates what a man should be doesn't mean they're right. It's like, one day something in this world is so good for you but then later on in years they realize that it's bad for you. See, they're screwed up too if that's the case. They can't even make up their minds! If you feel there is room for improvement from the good man you already are...ok. But never think you were any less than what you are. From the man I've gotten to know over the years you are an awesome friend, father, son and employee. A parent couldn't be prouder. Most men haven't done half of what you've done. Love you!

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks J, I really appreciate what you said! :)