Thursday, December 11, 2008

Book-Scape

Everyone's had a dream that they didn't want to wake up from, whether it was sexual, inspiring, or just a really great adventure. I had a dream that I didn't want to wake up from this morning. No, I didn't wake up with morning wood, (lol) but it was an inspiring really great adventure.
These types of dreams, when I have them, are usually book material. And, this dream was no exception to that rule that may be uniquely mine. (I know it's not, and people that are born on the same day as me usually have strange dreams as well.)
Without getting into the details of the dream, it had to do with "energies" again. This strange compulsion I have with internal energy is almost annoying. If it wasn't so fascinating to me, I may have stopped talking about it already. (Ha Ha!)
In this dream, I got to fly again. I've said before that I fly alot in my dreams. I haven't for quite a while, so this was a treat for me. I haven't dreamt of flying for months. Perhaps, only when I'm at peace with myself or surroundings do I dream that. Hmmm, something for me to think about more. By the way, in the dreams, it's not flying in an airplane or a some contraption, it's me flying all by my lonesome, like some kind of power or gift. I'm sure most of us have been asked the question, "If you could have a super power and could choose, what would it be?".
DUH! Mine would be the power of flight.
No, it's not one of the greatest super powers, but hey, that's my pick. Yea, I'm a nerd. So what?
If they ever make some kind of technology that lets us fly around by ourselves, I am SO there getting one. Scientists... HURRY UP ALREADY!
Hey, that would solve our energy problems regarding cars. A family could just fly their way to their vacation. Ya know, tether the kids to the parents so they don't fly off by themselves.
Men could just unzip and pee on a forest or something if they had to...or ummmm they could make outhouses in mid-air. (Ok that was dumb, outhouses don't have a bottom to them and the pee would just fall to the earth anyways lol)
Tannnngent.
Anyhoot, I had a great dream that I didn't want to wake up from this morning and I wish I could share, but I like to keep these to myself. If I dream it again, then I really know that it's novel material. And, this particular one, would be of great interest to some people. I'll have to talk to one of my BFF's about it just to get it off my chest (so to speak). Methinks I'll start one of those dream journals someday. I've got one sitting right here on my desk. It could easily be used as such. I even have a pen! WOOHOO!
Had any good dreams lately?


*****

Staff update:
I've stripped, sanded, sanded again, wiped, stained, and stained again the majority (all but two) of the staves (ok, I'm gonna spell it staffs from now on...) that I'm making for Christmas. The staining and clear coating process takes several days, as each coat needs to dry well before another coat is applied. Between the staining and clear coating the staffs get another light sanding to knock off anything that has risen in the grain from the staining process. I've completed 6 staffs now, with the last 5 to be completed soon. WOOHOO! It's been a fun project. I'm happy about the results. I started a new one yesterday, scraping it down to the bare wood. I think that's the hardest part of the whole process. Time consuming it is, but such an important part of it. I'll post a video of the completed staffs after I've finished them all....


*****
Quote for the day:

"If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory. There seems something more speakingly incomprehensible in the powers, the failures, the inequalities of memory, than in any other of our intelligences. The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control! We are, to be sure, a miracle every way; but our powers of recollecting and of forgetting do seem peculiarly past finding out." -- Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

and another just cause:

"The game of life is the game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy." -- Florence Shinn

No comments: