Friday, December 12, 2008

Dream Interpreters R Us

After yesterdays post, I was curious as to what flying means in your dream.
So, being the nerd that I am, I googled "Dream interpretation" and found a website (Link is below).
This is what it told me about flying in your dreams:

Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams where you become aware that you are dreaming, known as lucid dreaming. Many dreamers have described the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience.
If you are flying with ease and enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation. You have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a different perspective on things. Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power.
Having difficulties staying in flight indicates a lack of power in controlling your own circumstances. You may be struggling to stay aloft and stay on course. Things like power lines, trees, or mountains may further obstruct your flight. These barriers represent a particular obstacle or person who is standing in your way in your waking life.
You need to identify who or what is hindering you from moving forward.If you are feeling fear when you are flying or that you feel that you are flying too high, then it suggests that you are afraid of challenges and of success.In reality, we do not have the ability to fly. Thus such dreams may represent that which is beyond our physical limitations.
In your mind, you can be anybody and do anything. Another way of interpreting flying dreams is that these dreams symbolize your strong mind and will. You feel undefeatable and nobody can tell you what you cannot do and accomplish. Undoubtedly these dreams leave you a great sense of freedom.



Pretty interesting huh!!
I favorited that website instantly.
I'll be back there today checking out what last nights dream meant. It was ummm....weird to say the least.
Going down to the local community college today to get my transcripts and see what I actually need to finish my Associate in Arts Degree. I'm pretty sure I only need a few classes, and I want to make sure I take the right ones. I may re-take a class or two as well. But, I need that FN transcript to make sure. YAY! Fiellllld Triiiiiip!

Oh, here's the link to that website if you're interested:

CLICKETY CLICK CLICKEROO RIGHT HERE!


*****

Quote for the day:

"Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary. " -- Robert Louis Stevenson

*foot note: Where was RLS during our last election???

6 comments:

Jenny said...

That is a great song, by the way! I like it...

My only flying dream (that I recall) was when I was in elementary school, and I had no real friends. I was sort of a reject. I was lonely and sad, but I had this flying dream one night. It was like finding out what freedom from all that felt like. I don't know how to apply that dream interp, but maybe it was a part of me that knew better days were to come, and that I was worth more. Thanks for the morning reflections (and awesome song)!

1 FN HandyMan said...

YAY! You're quite Welcome Jen! :D
I get that exhilirating feeling they speak of on that web site when I fly in my dreams. They also say that "lucid" dreams are one that you consciously know that you're dreaming and you can control. Interesting concept to me!

Anonymous said...

What does it mean if you are flying with Pigeons ??

1 FN HandyMan said...

LOL, ummm...as long as theyre not dinner, it means you're suffering from Asian Bird Flu.

Anonymous said...

I now have a favorite website :) I find it so interesting what it told me about my dream I have quite often. I will have to tell you about it sometime!

1 FN HandyMan said...

Cool Michelle! :D