Monday, December 1, 2008

What is "NORMAL" Anyways?

I was having a conversation with a friend last night about “normal”.
We came to the conclusion rather quickly that there IS no normal anymore.
“Normal” is only what you have experienced.
It’s totally different for every single person. Even in a family situation, there may be some correlations with other family members, but normal for one child or one adult is and can be something extremely different. Normal for the Father is (or should be) going to work and providing for the family. The mother, keeping the house, or the second income, etc. Anyways, you get my drift.
So, normal could be being socially accepted or politically correct. I say eff those. Do what you want within the realms of civility and the law.
Wear your hat crooked if that’s normal for you. (no don't, that's what I do, you can't be normal like me.)
I suppose the word “Individual” could now be interposed with “Normal”, because since it’s different for everyone, we could use it instead.
You’re “normal” is your identity. Fit into it. Shape it. Be who you are. If someone doesn’t like you for it, Eff em! Of course, this doesn’t give you license to be uncivil and a total asshole. Well, I suppose it does, if you want to be “Normally” without friends. That would be on you.
ASSHOLES UNITE!
Ok. Tangent there.
So, back to being norrrrrmal.
Oh, wait, that’s Individual for me isn’t it.
HA! HA!
Here’s the challenge for the day.
Don’t say “normal”. Instead, say “individual”.
I wonder what kinds of comments you’ll get…



*****

Quote for the day:

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, (attributed; also attributed to Ann Landers)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so, if Individual is the new Normal and normal people suck that means individuals suck too..
If Individual is the new normal what the eff does that make me!? Great! I'm now an Asshole.Thanks.

I hate you. :OP
J

1 FN HandyMan said...

LOL! I never said individuals suck. I said the words were interchangeable! so :P back

Anonymous said...

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."
~Joe Ancis

1 FN HandyMan said...

Good Quote Anonymous!