Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Showers.

NO, it's not time for my annual shower....

WOOHOO! It's SPRINNNNNG BREEEEEAAAAAKKKK!
I have no class for two weeks!
Ok, I didn't have much class anyhoot, but now its ALL gone for a spring break.
What to do?
I certainly am not going to Mexico...
Oh Oh, I know!
I'll go to DELHI!
No, not India. Del-hi, California.
There's a camp ground there next to the river. I have completely forgotten the name though.
Ok, Eff that. I'm goin to the coast somewhere. Preferably Half Moon Bay or some such area.
Sea Cliff Beach is a normal spot to go. Clean, gorgeous, scenic.
Yep. The Coast.
I'll have to pass by Casa De Fruta on the way, unless I go to Half Moon Bay via the route to San Francisco.
BEACH HERE I COME!
I'll take a pic and share of course.

Let's see....what else is happening...
Oh, we're waiting to finish the AAA building. It's been called on account of the rain. Have you ever painted something, and then it rained, and then you come back to see what you've painted, and the rain has washed it away? It's very vexing. So, we painters try to avoid that. Costs too much. We're pretty much done with the entire bottom portion of the building (meaning anything not on the roof). So, go check er out. Give us a thumbs up as you drive by. Say to yourself (or whoever's in the car with you), "Hey! 1 FN HandyMan Painted that building!"
You know you wanna. Just do it. You'll feel better.
OH....MY....GOSH!
Must...
Have...
NECTAR!
(GASP)
(cough-ity cough cough)
Wait here. I'm gettin some nectar..
...
...
...
...
REJOICE! I HAVE RETURNED!
Ahhhhh...NECTAR!
With blackcherry somethin or another creamer.

I had a dream last night.
Yea, go figure, ME having a dream! Hmmpfff.
Anyhoot, it reminded me of when I was painting the RiteAid in Merced. It was my first commercial painting job, and quite the experience. (No, I didn't use sexperience when a buncha guys were in involved lol)
This one guy layin the floor down was a total grouch, and kinda scary. Just his humbug attitude. You know the type. Well, Mike and I were rolling out plastic and then covering the gandola's so we could paint the ceiling and not get paint all over everything. Well, our method was one of us would roll the large roll of plastic over to the other about 25 feet away and then that person would cut it and so on. Well, Mike being a hefty hefty hefty kinda guy, sends me over the plastic roll when I'm not looking. It rolls PAST me, under the temporary wall we had put up, and onto the floor where Mr Grouchy had just finished putting glue down. It didn't just go a couple feet into the glue. It went allll the way into the CENTER of the effin glue, about another 25 feet.
(Yea Mike had really flung that effin roll...)
well, I come out from under the plastic wall and see what had happened, and I had to laugh.
Then Mr grouchy stands up with a look of disgust on his face. So, I of course, stopped laughin.
He gingerly walks out to the roll of plastic and begins pulling it up off of the glue (and through some miracle, it all came up without tearing!). He winds it up in his hands, walks over to me, and hands it to me. I still had a smirk on my face and had to blurt out a giggle. "Sorry bout that." I said. He says,"Yea." and giggles back cause I was just burstin at the seems to crack up and I know he could tell. So, I go back to the other side of the clear plastic wall we had erected and Mike and I burst out in laughter like the wall is ten feet thick and no one could hear us in our little enclave. It was so effin funny at the time!!
So, here's to Mr Grouchy and the effin glue floor!
CHEERS Mr Grouchy, where ever you are!


*****

Quote for the day:

"I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the barn and do nothing. " -- Johnny Carson

and another...

"Laughter is by definition healthy. " -- Doris Lessing

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are so funny. When will you be working on AAA again? I'll have to drive by and honk!