Monday, April 27, 2009

Moving Right Along

Well, one room down, the rest of the effin house to go! WOOP WOOP!
I cleaned out the library of all non-essentials and now I have room to put the myriad of books hanging around the house. If anyone is interested in Readers Digest condensed books, feel free to get a hold of me. I have tons for sale and/or donation.
The cleaning is slow going as I have to look at each piece of paper and every item to see if they're of value or it needs to go in the circular file after being shredded.
Remember that mental acuity I talked about that I had?
Poof. Gone.
I'm sure it'll come back. I've just been a bit overwhelmed the last few weeks.
I brought the momma cat in today for the first time since pops passing. I'm sure she wanted to see what was up and what was going on. I love cats, but I'm very allergic to them and suffered through it when the folks were alive because they brought so much joy to their lives. But, now the cats are outside cats. Sorry cats!
Anyways, I brought momma in to let her look around. After a couple of minutes, I picked her up and walked her around the house to show her that pop wasn't here and that the house was in the process of change. Yea, I cried. Maybe it was more for me than it was for her. I don't know.
So, what's new you ask?
Weeeeellllll, I've volunteered to help paint the Castle Air Museum buildings! WOOP WOOP!
I thought pop would have liked that, and I just need to help them out. We already have gotten 40 gallons of paint donated from Sherwin Williams. WOOP WOOP again! It should be a fun time. No stress, just peaceful work.
I thank God for the peace he's brought to me over the last couple of years, and especially over the last 166 days. I'll keep counting them for he and I.
School is moving along. I'm taking my last customer service academy class for this semester next saturday. YES! Those sat classes have been getting in the way of beach time. Two sat's from now, look for me at the coast. Maybe I'll get there before then.

I'll leave you with a joke I used on my business law test recently. It was used to illustrate void contracts:

Arty the hit man is hired by Wilbur to murder his wife because he knows she’s having an affair with another man. Arty and Wilbur have been friends for a very long time and Arty tells Wilbur he’ll do the deed for just $1.
The neighbor hears this and calls the police and tells them of the impending murderous contract. Arty gets to the Wilbur Family business, the grocery store, and knocks on the office door. The wife answers and he chokes her to death. Just as she falls to the ground, the lover appears. He doesn’t want to get caught, so he chokes the lover to death as well. Just then, the police arrive, and haul Arty off to jail. The headline in the paper the next day reads “Arty chokes two for a dollar at Wilbur’s Grocery.” (Contracts for unlawful acts are automatically void.)


Hope you have a great week!

*****

Quote for the day:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. " -- Steve Jobs

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change. BRING IT ON!

Love you butt face!
J

1 FN HandyMan said...

WOOP WOOP! Yea, I could use some pennies. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've got a crapload of pennies, buy 1 get 1 free! LOL
Samantha

1 FN HandyMan said...

WOOP! 1/2 off sale!

Shannon said...

Hey Sam, that must have hurt, crapping a load of pennies!!

I don't think I could ever get tired of that joke. It is hillarious!

Shannon said...

Hey, I'm not a tree, why do you always pick on me? (sniff)

beav said...

ummmm .........