Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do Something Positive

Sometimes I get depressed.
So!
Everyone gets depressed.
I think.
Well, anyways, when I get depressed, I just try to take my mind off of things by doing something positive.
Not necessarily something positive for myself, but something that helps me to feel better about myself or my situation.
It may be something as simple as giving a friend or family member a hug, helping someone to laugh when they're down, cleaning up a room or the yard, well....you get the idea.
I do something to keep me going. At times this can be the most difficult thing to accomplish!
Like, what if no one's around to hug, or everything is clean, or it's raining outside?
What to do?
Since I don't drink or smoke anymore, I can't do those things.
oooh...I know! FOOD!
Wait. If I eat whatever makes me feel comfy, I'll blow up like a sumo wrestler on steroids and then I'll be more depressed cause I'd have to wear one of those sumo underwear thingy's.
(YIKES what a visual!)
But, I CAN have a comfort DRINK! WOOP WOOP!
Yes, I can have tea.
Tea reminds me of several things actually. Things that remind me of good times when I was a teenager and with my friends making sweet tea as we played games. It reminds me of when I was young and used to drink the "spiced tea" we had in our cupboard. (I'll have to find that recipe. I believe it involves instant tea, tang, cinnamon, and sugar...)
Tea reminds me of the Boston Tea Party.
Ok. Not so much that. I mean, what a waste of good tea.
I'm sure the mackerels loved it though.
Speaking of mackerels, I made some HUSHPuppies last night that were superiorally sexcellent.
Yea, those were effin fattening. SO WHAT. I ain't depressed right now, and they went well with my left overs.

Tangent.

Going back to school has so far been an interesting experience.
It was a HUGE reminder that my long arse legs make it sextremely difficult to become comfortable in those tiny itty bitty effin desks. I think they make the backs of those things out of titanium alloy just so they'll make my back become dented.
However, The accounting class is interesting, and I'm sure I'll get an A in it. The professor almost makes it impossible to fail. He gives a 10% extra credit possibility from all the points possible, which, if you have any smarts whatsoever, makes you raise your grade by at the minimum one letter. If you're stupid and you don't do the extra credit, I have no sympathy for you.
*whispers* Sometimes, I see stupid people.

End Tangent.

So, the moral of todays FN blog entry is this:
When you're feeling down, Give someone a hug. Share your energy and you'd be suprised just how much energy you get back in return. Someone told me if you give of yourself freely, you'll get back 30, 60, or 100 times what you've given. Of course, that's not why you give, it's just your reward for bein FN cool. Go do something positive. It'll make me feel better.

and check this out...I WANT one of these: Clickity Click Clickaroo Right Here

*****
Quotes for the day: (yea there's quite a few today)

"Throw out an alarming alarm clock. If the ring is loud and strident, you're waking up to instant stress. You shouldn't be bullied out of bed, just reminded that it's time to start your day." -- Sharon Gold


"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him." -- Abraham Lincoln


"Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look there." -- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus


"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. " -- Henry David Thoreau

13 comments:

beav said...

seeing wood on the ground makes me HAPPY !!!!

1 FN HandyMan said...

LOL! Beav, you're Spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Hi Son! :0) Love reading ur blog...just don't always have sumfin' to post. Got that Tea recipe 4 ya. . . I'll send it to ya.

Hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Good blog. All good suggestions. I'm off to school soon for most of the rest of my day, and I agree about the chairs!

Ummm....nuthin.

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks MA!
Who's that anonymous that's goin to school?

Anonymous said...

Nobody! But I'm gonna go write a blog about school! :p

Anonymous said...

My alarm clock sings like a bird!

Anonymous said...

Who uses the word "strident" to describe an alarm clock ring?

Ohh... it's that Sharon Gold again.

I think she's a Brit.

1 FN HandyMan said...

YO! If you leave a Comment, Please sign it with your name so I know who it is!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am in the paddled walls of this white box! lol

Totally dig this blog! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

~A

1 FN HandyMan said...

YAY! Thanks A! Welcome!:D

Jenny said...

OK, ok... the other ones was me. AW.

Anonymous said...

NO! I don't have to sign. You KNOW who I am, Son. (Har!) Besides, guessin' is good brain exercise. {{{HUGS}}}