Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It seems I'm in Poetic Mode

Although I wrote this more than 12 months ago, it still rings true. Perhaps others can find some solace in its essence.


REDEMPTION
12-4-2007


The reality of growing old,
Is one that haunts our thoughts.
We change our age,
Ignore our ailments,
Sit back,
And watch,
As others pass on to grace.
Funerals,
Don’t get so hard to attend.
Distance forms,
Between ourselves,
And the ones we love.
We can blame it on our work,
Or our absentmindedness,
Or some addiction,
And continue the walk of our choosing.
Soon you find yourself,
In that place of dread.
Loneliness abounds,
Fear strikes us,
Reality lands upon our head.
How can I go back?
The answer is simplicity itself.
Me.
I had the mind to follow this path.
I have the mind to turn around,
To follow it back.
It may get ugly on the way,
But Redemption,
Is not for the light of heart.
My mind won’t be haunted for long.


*****

Quote for the Day:

"I'm thirty years old, but I read at the thirty-four-year-old level." -- Dana Carvey

6 comments:

beav said...

Nice one, to me life is all about choices.

Thanks for posting it and .... you have a talent !!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Son! That was incredible. Thanx 4 sharing. :)

Mom

Anonymous said...

But if only our hearts were as fortunate as our minds...Good Night.

J

1 FN HandyMan said...

Thanks Beav and Ma! I really appreciate the feedback on things like this. So True J. Sweet Dreams Ya'll! :)

Anonymous said...

Pasta with GAHLIC Bruschetta for lunch, and a large cup of Nectar Of the Gods! Just thought I'd share. SKOAL!

1 FN HandyMan said...

DANGIT! I just had some sexcellent sweet and sour pork for lunch...