Friday, January 23, 2009

The Moment May Be Fleeting

I saw her in the bookstore today.
It was if I had stepped back,
A score of years or more.
Those same big blues,
Examining me,
Through my walls,
To the center of my still heart.
I found myself looking,
At a book of Blacksmithing,
How befuddled was my mind.
The urge to call her,
Struck me like a wrecking ball.
Not drinking and smoking,
Are easy in contrast,
To the stark reality,
That I could very well destroy,
What she may already have,
Her Happiness,
If I choose to please myself,
In a moment of weakness,
To upset her life so.
I take comfort in,
Her thoughts of me every day,
I hope the smile that parts her lips,
Lingers there during those moments.
If one day,
When again I've proven to myself my worth,
We should cross our paths,
The moment may be fleeting,
But the memories and Love,
Will last a lifetime.



*****

Quote for the day:

"Wrestling with memories is more exhausting than it really should be." --- D-Bob the Wise

6 comments:

Jenny said...

wow, D, i thought you said it was simple... that's deep. blessings onto your heart, fellow traveler.

beav said...

Great one Rude !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You never fail to amaze me, D. Beautiful!

1 FN HandyMan said...

Was it deep? ok...maybe it was :)
Thanks Beav! (for everyone else, he calls me Rude cause my name on the poker site we met on I use the name 1RudeFool)
Thanks Anonymous! ;)

beav said...

OH and his NEVER Rude :)

Anonymous said...

Wow good one D!